When the word, “ Holidays “is mentioned: the pictures that flash in your mind is a big family around a roasted turkey, kids opening gifts around the Christmas tree or toasting a group of friends as Midnight changes to the New Year. But what about the people who are away from their families, their loved one isn’t there, a loved one passed away or they just went through a break-up?
For these situations, the Holidays feel lonely and full of emotional dread.
Tricks to get through the Holidays:
- Go on Vacation.
- Set-up plans with others that are alone.
- Decide you can make your own Holiday cheer and go to a play, shopping event or make the most fantastic snowman ever!
- Stand by a mall and hand out a piece of candy with a note attached that says, ” You are loved in this world”.
- Do what you love!
- Share and Give to those less fortunate.
- Buy yourself a special gift…something that will bring you joy.
- Give out Hugs to those who want them.
- Be a Salvation Army bell ringer
Use these ideas to stimulate your imagination. Life is what you make it. So make a decision to find ways to make this season more cheerful for you. You are special and worth the effort!
To get more help, go to www.supportivetalk.com TODAY! Book a chat with Vicki.